Monday, March 15, 2010

Orana Wildlife Park - Christchurch, New Zealand

(clipped from Back of Bourke)

Note: I did not explore the whole zoo - it was a stop on my drive across the south island.

Rating:

Variety of Animals: N/A
Quality of exhibits: N/A
Getting around: N/A
Pet-factor: 8

Overall: N/A

What to see: Several opportunities to get up-close-and-personal with wildlife

What to miss: N/A

* * *

As mentioned, I did not - sadly - have an opportunity to check out the entire zoo. My main reason for stopping was to partake in the lemur encounter, during which one gets to enter the zoo before it opens and hand-feed some black and white ruffed lemurs in an intimate setting (don't get the wrong idea - it just means a group of no more than 4 people).

The zoo itself seemed sprawling and natural, and the lemur island was a great place for them to hang out. A select few pictures of my exploits are available here.

Here are a few videos of my Lemur Encounter as well:







No comments:

Post a Comment